Result of AGM
29 November 2022
The Annual General Meeting of the Company ("AGM") was held at 11.00 a.m. today at the Company's registered offices at Clos Fferws, Parc Hendre, Capel Hendre, Ammanford, SA18 3BL. All of the resolutions put to members were passed on a poll.
The number of votes lodged by proxy for and against each of the resolutions proposed, and the number of votes withheld, were as follows:
1. To receive the Company's audited annual accounts for the financial year ended 30 June 2022
2. To elect, as a director of the Company, Ryan Howard
3. To re-elect, as a director of the Company, David Banks
4. To re-elect, as a director of the Company, Mark Chapman
5. To re-appoint Crowe UK LLP as auditors to the Company
6. To authorise the Directors to allot shares in the Company up to the limits specified in the resolution
7. To authorise the Directors to disapply pre-emption rights up to the limits specified in the resolution*
* Passed as a special resolution
As at 29 November 2022, there were 785,852,475 ordinary shares in issue. Shareholders are entitled to one vote per share. Votes withheld are not votes in law and so have not been included in the calculation of the proportion of votes for and against a resolution.
The Board is pleased that the majority of resolutions have been passed with a very high level of support from shareholders. The Board has considered the votes against resolutions 3 and 4, being the re-elections of directors David Banks and Mark Chapman, respectively. In order to better understand the reasons for these votes against, the Board has engaged with the majority of those shareholders that voted against these resolutions, considered their views and received feedback from the Company's advisers. The Board will continue to regularly engage with shareholders to understand and consider their views.
For further information:
Haydale Graphene Industries plc
Keith Broadbent, CEO
Tel: +44 (0) 1269 842 946
finnCap (Nominated Adviser & Broker)
Julian Blunt/Edward Whiley, Corporate Finance
Andrew Burdis, ECM
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7220 0500
Notes to Editors
Haydale is a global technologies group and service provider that facilitates the integration of graphene and other nanomaterials into the next generation of industrial materials and commercial technologies. With expertise in graphene, other nanomaterials and Silicon Carbide, Haydale is able to deliver improvements in electrical, thermal and mechanical properties, Haydale has been granted patents for its technologies in Europe, USA, Australia, Japan and China and operates from five sites in the UK, USA and the Far East. For more information please visit: www.haydale.com or Twitter: @haydalegraphene